Saturday, October 8, 2011

Willing and ready.

What do you have planned for your life? What do you want to do? When someone asks "what do you want to be when you grow up?" what is it that comes to your mind? Some of us have no idea, while many of us say, "I want to be a lawyer," or "Oh yeah. Brain surgeon." and a lot of people I meet have really moving stories as to why. Good things. But here is a question I want to ask you. Think of that thing in your mind. Maybe you don't have it figured out. But think of when you do. That thing. That you have decided is for you. What if Jesus asked you to do something totally different. How would you react? Nurse, doctor, teacher, chemist, rock star. What if he asked you to throw that away. The plans you've been thinking of. In a prayer time with God, He hit me with a question. I was thinking of my plans for life. Then he asked me. "Shannon, what would you do if I didn't want that? How would you respond? Would you obey?" 

It's hard to think of our lives not turning out like we had planned. I don't know for sure what God wants totally. One thing I do think that He really just wants to see if we are willing. He may not be calling you to be a missionary to Zimbabwe. But what if he is? How would you respond?  
"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. (1 John 2:3-6 NKJV) 

He wants you to be willing. He was willing to die for you. Are you willing to give him all of your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment